City View Citizen

City View Citizen

City View Citizen

Soil Expo
Soil Expo
February 12, 2024
We will be taking portraits at City View for use in our yearbook. Portrait dates are February 7th and 13th.
City View Portraits
February 5, 2024

City View Student Hosts Panel in Support of Trans Teens

City View students will be hosting a panel about transgender issues in Iowa. The panel will be held at the Cedar Rapids Public Library on January 22, from 5-6:30pm in conference room A and B. If you wish to RSVP, do so here.  

The panel will cover teen issues in the trans community, the panel is being hosted by Roy Lathrop, 10th grader. “I want people to understand the daily struggles of a trans person, especially teens. The laws passed in March make my daily life more difficult.” Lathrop said. Furthermore, trans students from City View High School will speak about their experiences with the Iowa laws and personal matters.

Any donations provided at the event will go to One Iowa, a non-profit organization seeking to help and support struggling LGBTQ+ Iowans. They provide healthcare access and inclusivity training to those who need or want it. The goal of One Iowa is to “Advance, empower and improve the lives of LGBTQ Iowans statewide.”

Update 1/5/23: This article was updated to correct the date of the panel, which was rescheduled from its original date.