City View Citizen

City View Citizen

City View Citizen

Soil Expo
Soil Expo
February 12, 2024
We will be taking portraits at City View for use in our yearbook. Portrait dates are February 7th and 13th.
City View Portraits
February 5, 2024

This Month at City View: January

Important Dates and Information

January 3rd: Return to classes

January 12th: End of semester

January 17th: New semester begins

January 25th: School-wide MAP testing

January 30th: School-wide MAP testing

January 30th: Magnet School Fair for prospective students (4:30-6:30) @ Cedar Rapids Public Library (Beems Room)

February 5th: No school, PL day

February 7th and 13th: City View Portrait Days

February 26th: No school, PL day

March 4th: Magnet Lottery Close Date

March 11-15th: Spring Break

In the case of a late start, school will start at 9:50 AM and will end at the same time. Friday dismissal times are TBD.

For weather related closures, parents can find announcements on KCRG’s website or SMS parent notifications.

If you are a City View student in need of extra clothes, shoes, a coat, or winter gear, please reach out to Amanda Nichols for supplies. You can stop by her office, email [email protected], or call 319-540-4257.

Parent District Texts can be enabled through infinite campus, call the main office for help.

Please also remember students are responsible for charging their chromebook and coming to school with all of their required materials.

Link to Nutrislice lunch menus: https://cr.nutrislice.com/menu/city-view-high-school

January 3-5th

Students were welcomed back from break.

January 8-12th

This was the final week of the semester and students were reminded to get any missing work to boost their grade. Also, a new staff member started this week. Mindy, City View’s newest member, is an engagement specialist focused on helping students. Thank you parents and students for your flexibility during this weird week full of snow days and delays.

January 17-19th

The second semester began and a new schedule was rolled out for students, creating more work time within classes.

January 22-26th

On Monday, students Roy Lathrop, Val Malone, Sammy Severson held a Trans issues panel in the library, “It went really well, more people than I expected showed up. There’s a possibility of it happening again.” says Roy. (Pictured to the right)

The students apart of the City View Ambassadors club began visiting middle schools, on Thursday, students Bridgith Charles and Jaeden Contreras visited Taft Middle School to promote City View and attempt to get some new students interested for the 2024-25 year.

Also on Thursday, students began MAP testing, a school wide test taken on the computer. Thursday’s test was reading and Tuesday’s test will be math. Ask your student how they did.

January 29-2nd

Throughout the week the City View Ambassadors have been visiting with middle schools across the school district to promote the school.

Students also finished MAP testing for the year, with the next standardized test being the ISASP sometime in the spring.

Incase you didn’t know, City View has a therapy dog! Bailey has been coming to the school pretty often, since the very first day we had school.

The Magnet Lottery is set to close on March 4th, families will begin to get notifications about the results on March 6-8. Families will have 72 hours to accept the student’s lottery offer.