City View Citizen

City View Citizen

City View Citizen

Soil Expo
Soil Expo
February 12, 2024

This Month at City View: June

Important Dates and Information

• Parent District Texts can be enabled through infinite campus, call the main office for help.
  • Please also remember students are responsible for charging their chromebook and coming to school with all of their required materials.
  • June 6th: Last day of school/Early out
  • Now accepting clothing orders for the City View Fan Stand Clothing Store

June 3-6th

This week at City View the year winded down, students and staff both excited for summer. Students got many opportunities to raise their grade as well.

On Wednesday, the Ecology class went to Cedar River Academy to teach the elementary students about different ecological problems like overexploitation, invasive species, habitat loss, and more.

Please ask your child how they think their first year at City View was!

To finish the year, here’s a message from our principal:

As we approach the end of the school year, it’s common for students and educators to eagerly await the final bell. However, at City View, this year has been different. Our mantra, once a cliché, has become our reality: instead of counting down the minutes, we’re cherishing the moments, sharing stories, expressing gratitude, and continuing to learn until the very end.

I will remember the 2023-24 school year as one that was tumultuous, challenging, and ultimately inspiring. These last couple of months have been magical. We’ve had a smaller group of students who pursued their own learning and embraced new experiences, supported by a dedicated staff willing to overcome any obstacle. Next year, we will welcome about fifty new students, and we are excited for the learning and designing that will take place this summer. Our goal is to improve our systems, deepen our understanding of our model, and ensure a smoother transition for all learners in the fall.

When we began the year with a community breakfast and a welcome from Mayor O’Donnell and Superintendent Grover, our future was uncertain. Our home was still under construction, as was our schedule. Yet, through our dedication to a shared vision and to each other, we continued to iterate, design, and learn. This work has brought us to today—the last day of a truly magical year, one we are fortunate to have experienced and one that will never be duplicated.

Thank you for taking this journey with us. Thank you for believing that by building a caring community, we can learn together. Thank you for sharing our excitement for next year. Thank you for being a part of the magic.

In community and with gratitude,

-Dan DeVore