City View Citizen

City View Citizen

City View Citizen

Soil Expo
Soil Expo
February 12, 2024
We will be taking portraits at City View for use in our yearbook. Portrait dates are February 7th and 13th.
City View Portraits
February 5, 2024

This Month at City View: March

Important Dates and Information

• Parent District Texts can be enabled through infinite campus, call the main office for help.
  • Please also remember students are responsible for charging their chromebook and coming to school with all of their required materials.
  • March 4th: Magnet Lottery Close Date
  • March 7th: Soil Expo
  • March 11-15th: Spring Break
  • March 21st: Upcoming Mock Trial Event
  • Sign up for a visit by completing the City View School Visit Registration Form or contact City View at 319-558-2093
  • Link to Nutrislice lunch menus: https://cr.nutrislice.com/menu/city-view-high-school

March 4-8th

On Thursday, City View hosted their soil expo for the public. Students spent the quarter researching a possible solution to climate change and presented that solution to the community and their peers.

This week, the community discovery started again with a new batch of students. So, this Friday, the students met with Laura Seyfer of the Economic Alliance. She talked about what the Economic Alliance does and what businesses they support. She was formerly an instructor at Iowa BIG. Ask your students if they’re in the new round of the community exploration discovery and what they learned talking to her.

Finally, this Friday is the final day of school before spring break. Have a great week off!

March 11-15th

Spring Break!!!

March 18-22nd

Students were welcomed back from break.

On Thursday, all students in the mock trial went to Coralville to present their case. Students Allison Klosterman was nominated for “Best Attorney,” and Lorelai Slater was nominated for “Outstanding Witness.”

Also on Thursday, the City View Ambassadors hosted a tour for the Alternative Education conference here in Cedar Rapids. As well as doing a presentation on City View at the conference.

March 25-29th

Tuesday, sophomores took the Pre-ACT. This was strictly a practice test and used to gauge how someone might do on the real ACT. They took this in the library. Ask your student how they thought they did.

On Thursday, students took a practice ISASP test. The real test will be taken on Wednesday and Thursday morning. For the days of the test, parents have been asked to sign up to bring snacks for the tests, here is the link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4BACAB29A7FBC16-48801095-city#/. Students should be well rested before the test and bring a fully charged computer.

This week, students in the community discovery, visited the Catherine McAuley Center. Ask your student if they went and what they did.