City View Citizen

City View Citizen

City View Citizen

Soil Expo
Soil Expo
February 12, 2024
We will be taking portraits at City View for use in our yearbook. Portrait dates are February 7th and 13th.
City View Portraits
February 5, 2024

This Month at City View: April

Important Dates and Information

• Parent District Texts can be enabled through infinite campus, call the main office for help.
  • Please also remember students are responsible for charging their chromebook and coming to school with all of their required materials.
  • April 8th: Special Schedule for Solar Eclipse (See Below)
  • April 8th: Quarter 4 Begins
  • April 20th: Ecofest
  • April 22nd: No School
  • April 25th: PSAT (Sophomores Only)
  • April 29th: Mayor O’Donnell Visit
  • June 6th: Early Out/Last Day
  • Parents of Sophomores can pay for the PSAT on infinite campus
  • Link to Nutrislice lunch menus: https://cr.nutrislice.com/menu/city-view-high-school

April 1-5th

This week is the final week of quarter 3, next week classes will change and grades in certain classes will become finalized.

This was also the week of ISASP testing, thank you to parents for signing up and bringing snacks for those who tested. If a student missed ISASP testing they can see Amanda for any future makeup dates.

On Friday, members of the community discovery visited Travero Logistics and got a tour of the facility and ask staff members questions about their career.

Next Monday, due to the Solar Eclipse, the schedule has been modified so students and staff can view the event happening. Here is the plan for the changes: We will run 4th Block on Monday as usual, after 4th Meet in the main space, hand out glasses, take a picture here, head out in basic advisory groups to the park between Vets and City Hall, observe the pinnacle of the eclipse, back for shuttles by 2:15.

April 8-12th

On Monday, students watched the solar eclipse at the green space in front of the Vet’s Memorial. T-Mobile donated roughly 90 pairs of glasses for students to safely watch the eclipse. Thank you T-Mobile!

Also on Monday, the fourth and final quarter began, students received new classes and a new schedule. Ask your student what their new classes are.

This Friday, students of the community exploration discovery visited Van Meter and got a tour of the facility and learned what it is they do.

April 15-19th

Students began working on their student profile in advisory. This will include information about students’ accomplishments, qualities, challenges, interests, etc. It will be presented at an open house later.

On Friday, students apart of the community exploration discovery visited General Mills and got to look around the factory and find out more about what they do there.

This Saturday, students apart of the Ecofest project will be presenting at Ecofest at Newbo from 10-3. Their stand is about water quality in Iowa. It will include samples of water across the area, statistics about poor water quality in Iowa, and possible solutions for homeowners.

Next Thursday, Sophomores will be taking the PSAT. The test will be taken at the ELSC at 2500 Edgewood Rd NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405. The test is on the computer and students should come with a fully charged chromebook and charger.

April 29-3rd

On Wednesday, mayor Tiffany O’Donnell visited City View and shared what she is doing in the city and her plans. She also answered questions students had about her job and the city.

Thursday, students apart of the newly formed Meteorology project visited KCRG and got to see their studios and equipment. They also interviewed Liam Marshall, the student who organized the project and trip. Afterwards, KCRG visited City View and got to see the space.